Thursday, September 8, 2011

Feeling Good!

I woke up this morning feeling fabulous! I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I woke up late, thinking I was going to be late to work, only to remember that I had a doctor's appointment this morning and didn't need to go into work. Maybe it's because the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. Maybe it's because I got to stop into my favorite coffee shop and use a gift card I've been saving. Or maybe it's because I got to spend a good amount of time with a wonderful friend last night, just talking and shopping. Sometimes I forget that it's good to just chat with friends. I think God uses that time to refresh and renew.

All I know is that today I feel like I can take on the world. Last night I took on my closet which was a bigger endeavor than I had originally anticipated. The result though is an immaculately organized dresser and an organizer with two free drawers! woo hoo! I also cleaned out one of my kitchen cabinets (5 million more to go!) so I felt pretty accomplished by the time I went to bed. In my attempt to live my life more simply, I've also decided to de-clutter. Which means getting rid of lots of things - starting with shoes, clothes, and random kitchen items I don't care about. My plan is to be down about half of my things by the time I move this fall. Let the donations begin!!

Looking forward to the rest of my day - not really sure why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment