Friday, June 10, 2011

1 Corinthians 2 - Wisdom

So, I'm doing a reading plan through Corinthians with 2 of my girls and we just started, so today is 1 Corinthians 1 & 2. I forgot how much I love Paul's writing; he's so raw, it's amazing. 1 Corinthians 2: 1-5 hit me because lately I've been feeling so dumb. Seriously. I feel like any intelligence I once had has been drained out of my being and I had no idea why... until now.


1 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power.

I have been seeking after intelligence and not wisdom. God gives intelligence to people, but if I'm not seeking after His WISDOM first, why would He bless me with intelligence? All the worldly intelligence available is nothing without Godly wisdom. I have to count it ALL AS LOSS before I can appreciate what I haven been given and glorify Him with my mind, body and spirit. I can't let MYSELF get in the way of the Gospel, and I believe that is something I've been guilty of lately. Anyway, just a random thought... something I know I need to work on, thank God for the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment