Friday, June 10, 2011

Takin' it BACK!

I wrote this blog originally over three years ago... but it's still one of my favorites, so I thought I'd bring it back...

I'm blogging about a word I hate... but it means so much! The word is reconcile. I hate it because churchy people tend to throw it around too much and misuse the true meaning. However, I like it in the way that I just read about it in this book called The Shack by William P. Young. In this book God (Papa) is explaining reconciliation to a man (Mack). In it He says, "Honey, you asked me what Jesus accomplished on the cross; so now listen to me carefully: through His death and resurrection, I am now fully reconciled to the world."
"The whole world? You mean those who believe in You, right?" (Mack)
"The whole world, Mack. All I am telling you is that reconciliation is a two way street, and I have done my part, totally, completely, finally. It is not the nature of love to force a relationship but it is the nature of love to open the way."

Now, I realize that these are not quotes from the Bible. However, I believe in the truth behind them. I'm not one to believe that God only loves those who love Him back, so this concept truly struck me as amazing. Pretty great to serve this God.

No comments:

Post a Comment